Vegan Fit Lasagna
If you are a vegan or not, you have to try this delicious and nutritious recipe. This dish never ceases to be popular among lasagna and Italian cuisine lovers and is a recipe from my online fitness courses. Most Italian food usually leaves you feeling all heavy and super bloated afterward. This vegan fit lasagna is the answer you have been looking for! It is meat-less, pasta-less, but definitely not flavorless!
Snack healthy, feel great, and enjoy!
View this post on Instagram
Want Italian comfort food idea that doesn't leave u feeling all heavy and bloated afterward?😬try my easy (Vegan-friendly) Fit Lasagna~ (a recipe from my online fitness programs) It's Meat-less AND Pasta-less (but definitely not flavor-less😋!!) & takes minutes to throw together! What makes it so satisfying (even for meat lovers) is I use layers of nutritious & hearty portobello mushroom in place of meat👌🏻I simplify the sauce so u don't even have to actually do any real active cooking over the stove .. Easy peasy👍🏻 Give it a try & let me know what u think~ . Makes about 4-6 servings . Prep time: about 5 minutes Oven time: about 30 minutes 8 inch casserole dish . Ingredients . Quick marinara: 1, 15 ounce can organic tomato purée 3 tbsp organic tomato paste 1/2 tsp ground oregano 1 tbsp onion powder 1/2 tbsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp pink sea salt . Lasagna: 2 large yellow squash 2 large zucchini 3 Roma tomatoes 4 large portobellos 4 cups spinach 1 cup fresh basil 2 cups vegan mozzarella-style shreds (I use Daiya) . Directions: . Preheat oven to 350•F/176•C, get out a medium deep dish casserole. . Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, taste test, adjust to pallet if needed. . Slice all vegetables into thin 1/2 inch slices, resembling lasagna-style noodles. . Starting with the zucchini, line single layer follow with very thin layer of sauce, then layer of yellow squash, then sauce followed by cheese, layer of portobello, then cheese, basil, tomato, spinach. . Repeat another layer of each item, and top with cheese & drops of marinara to keep it from drying out & moist. . Bake for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender when inserted into center. . Cool 30 minutes to allow juices to set before slicing into & serving. . Mangiamo!! .
Vegan Fit Lasagna
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: about 30 minutes
1 15-Ounce Can Organic Tomato Purée
3 Tbsp Organic Tomato Paste
1/2 Tsp Ground Oregano
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
2 Large Yellow Squash
OPTIONAL: cooked green lentil pasta
2 Large Zucchini
3 Roma Tomatoes
4 Large Portobello mushrooms
4 Cups Spinach
1 Cup Fresh Basil
2 Cups Vegan Mozzarella-Style Shreds (I use Daiya)
- Slice squash, tomatoes, portobello mushrooms, and zucchini length-wise into 1/2 inch slices, resembling lasagna-style noodles.
- In a medium bowl place tomato purée, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, pink sea salt, and tomato paste.
- Whisk to mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- In a medium deep-dish casserole apply a layer of sauce to cover bottom.
- Starting with the zucchini, green lentil pasta if using, line single layer follow with very thin layer of sauce, then layer of yellow squash, then sauce followed by cheese, layer of portobello, then cheese, basil, tomato, spinach.
- Repeat another layer of each item, and top with cheese & drops of marinara to keep it from drying out and moist.
- Bake at 350 °F for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender when inserted into center.
- Cool 30 minutes to allow juices to set before slicing into & serving.
- Mangiamo! (:
Nutrient Value Per Serving