Healthy Dessert in 15 minutes: Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
This vegan dessert only takes 15 minutes to cook! You are going to love this super easy recipe. I make these myself whenever I have a sweet tooth craving coming on or to whip up a yummy snack for the kids in my family when I don’t have the time to spend long hours in the kitchen. All you need is a blender and a bowl and you are ready to go!
These cookies are packed with amazing nutritional benefits! Fresh dates contain antioxidants like anthocyanidins and carotenoids, while dried dates contain polyphenols. These little guys also have been shown to have low glycemic impact, meaning they could help those with type-2 diabetes manage their blood sugar and blood fat levels. Lastly, dates are a delicious way to increase your magnesium intake more gently. Isn’t that awesome?!
Snack healthy, feel great, and enjoy!
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
7 pitted Medjool Dates
1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1.5 Tbsp Raw Agave
1 Tbsp Organic Peanut Butter
1 Large Extra Ripe Banana
1 Cup Gluten Free Oats
1/4 Tsp Pink Sea Salt
Vegan Carob Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Tear dates in half for easy blending.
- Place dates, vanilla, agave, peanut butter, banana, oats, pink sea salt inside blender.
- MIX ingredients with blender and a plastic spatula.
- Place mixture into a large bowl and add chocolate chips.
- Mix with plastic spatula.
- Scoop mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 °F.
- Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Enjoy! (:
Nutrient Value Per Serving
XOXO Melanie Mediate
Nutrition Coach Certified, NAFC
Certified Personal Fitness Trainer, NASM
Bachelor Science, Culinary Management; Art Institute of SD, CA